Sunday, May 16, 2010

Races for this year

Brian Harms Memorial Race
I managed to get out to this event which was held on May 9th at South Bear Creek. Due to a cold, I had to scale down to 8km from the original 16km that I was planning to run. The cold has really set back my training. Still managed to finish strong at 45:05. There were over 200 runners and walkers at the event and was very well organized.

Brooklyn Half Marathon
This race was full and we really didn't expect to get in, but had ourselves on the standby list just in case. A few days ago, I received an email telling us that there were a few spots that opened up at the last minute. So on May 22nd, we'll be among the 10,000 other runners at Prospect Park in Brooklyn. We're really excited about the opportunity to run a race in different city. I sure hope my past training holds up because my most recent training hasn't been spectacular. To top it all off, I've booked some physiotherapy sessions in June to take care of some pain I'm experiencing in my right knee. Hope the leg holds up as well. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Dan Wong said...

The Brooklyn Half Marathon was an awesome race. New York Road Runners is an exceptional club that is extremely organized. I had a great race experience. We started in Prospect Park, looped the park twice and then headed into Coney Island, finishing on the boardwalk. Finishing time 1:56:47. Not my best time, but any time I finish in under 2 hours, I'm happy.