Sunday, June 6, 2010

Rotary 2010

It's been a busy year, but I always make sure that Rotary is a part of my life. This is the first year that I've had a lot of trouble making all the meetings. I've been able to keep up with make-up meetings and am currently only 2 meetings short of perfect attendance. I plan to finish this year at 100%.

At the start of this year, I had worked on a grant application to send 300 wheel chairs to non-profit organizations is Chile. The grant was approved and we have begun ordering the chairs. Part of the project will involve a group of us traveling to South America and delivering the chairs over 900km to a few different communities. This is such a heart warming experience that I'm not sure it's even fair to call it work.

I was also able to continue hosting the poker fun night for the club. Our Merv Crouse Memorial Poker Fellowship is a great event that I've been running for the last 2 years. Merv was a great Rotarian and friend who gave of his time whenever he could. He exemplified our motto "Service Above Self" and this tournament is a way that we can remember him and honor his memory in the company of fellow Rotarians from all 3 Rotary Clubs and the Rotaract Club.

The Rotary Greenathon was a great experience this year as well. The weather was awesome an I was able to help clean up our city.

No comments: